Revenue Budget by Collecting Institution, General Directorate of Taxation or General Directorate of Customs

6 vite mė parė
share()?>
Open Data Albania is investigating tax and customs income and their collection report by the Directorate General of Taxation and the General Directorate of Customs. The data belong to the years 2009-2013. Tax and customs revenues are collected from all types of taxes applied by the Central Government. Responsible for collecting them are the General Directorate of Customs and the one of Taxation.

In the past 5 years the General Directorate of Customs has had a steadily increasing revenue collection. The biggest growth was in 2010, when compared with a year ago, revenue collected increased by 13%. In 2013 the revenue collected by the General Directorate of Customs compared with the previous year increased by 9%. A part of this increase comes from the collection of excise duties and the fact that this collection is already fully under the jurisdiction of the General Directorate of Customs.


Source: The General Directorate of Customs , Ministry of Finance
Processing and comments: ODA


On the other hand, the revenue collected by the General Directorate of Taxation increased with lower rates. The biggest increase has been in the year 2011, compared to a year ago, revenue collected from the General Directorate of Taxation increased by 5%. In 2013 there was a decrease of the revenue collected from the General Directorate of Taxation of 13% compared to a year ago. This reduction comes mostly from the removal of excise collection competence as well as performance.


Source: The General Directorate of Customs , Ministry of Finance
Processing and comments: ODA


The revenue collected by the General Directorate of Customs is in higher levels compared with those collected from the General Directorate of Taxation. This superiority of the General Directorate of Customs has enhanced in these last 5 years. In 2009 this ratio was almost equal, with a slight superiority of by the General Directorate of Customs, but the situation is completely different in the last year where 39% of revenue from taxes and customs duties were collected from the GDT and the remaining 61% was collected by the GDC.


Source: The General Directorate of Customs , Ministry of Finance
Processing and comments: ODA




Source: The General Directorate of Customs , Ministry of Finance
Processing and comments: ODA




Excel datasets : XML, N3 datasets :
    Contributer: Ina Baja
    Translated by: Viola Qefalia
    Edited by: ODA